The DOE Exascale Computing Project (ECP) is pleased to sponsor a webinar presented by Michael Wolfe of NVIDIA titled “Scalable Node Programming with OpenACC” on Wednesday, September 20, at 1:00 pm ET.
Supercomputer nodes are becoming more parallel with each generation. HPC applications must now utilize parallelism on-node as well as across many nodes for performance. OpenACC is designed to expose and exploit parallelism, whether that be for a multicore, a manycore, or a GPU-accelerated node.
This webinar will discuss:
- what problems OpenACC addresses;
- the important elements of OpenACC;
- how and why OpenACC is being adopted and used in production science and engineering applications, including Gaussian, Fluent, VASP, and several weather and climate codes;
- current status of OpenACC tools and of the specification;
- building and using applications with OpenACC for different targets;
- the OpenACC community and user events;
- new features requested by users coming with OpenACC 2.6 and beyond.